Monday, July 5, 2010

I love this summer

Hey everybody :-).
I've been away from blogger forever...but some crazy and exciting things have been happening. I never imagined how crazy my summer would be this year and I'm not gonna lie, I'm kind of loving it.

The latest, greatest, exciting surprise happened last week. My church is doing a crusade in the Dominican Republic July 11-18 and I really wanted to go but I have no money and the trip costs $1,800. Sad because, it's CPC's first crusade and there is definitely going to be a need for good footage and documentation. Well Sunday, my pastor comes up to me after church and sort of hints that he wants me to go and that he might make it possible for me. Then Tuesday I get a phone call from our missions coordinator and it was pretty short like "hey, i just found out you're going to the dominican. I need your passport info. to purchase your plane tickets." So as of Tuesday, the 29th I've been trying to get read to leave for the Dominican on the 11th. Luckily, I already have my passport from when I went to Japan.
A couple days later I found out Mandy is going with me!! Which is really good news because me, alone, trying to capture the essence of our first crusade, in another country, with tons of cameras and equipiment, for 7 days....was kind of a daunting task. So, I'll probably be gone from blogger for a bit longer. BUT when I finally do return I will have some amazing stories to tell you I'm sure of it.

xoxo
-Krystle

3 comments:

diamondstatecurlygurl said...

O-M-Gosh, how exciting!! What an amazing opportunity.. this will be a life changing experience my darling - soak it all in!!! Kises!

...on the brink of something beautiful said...

ahem....
http://getthewordsout.blogspot.com/2010/07/inspiration-thursday-with-krystle-from.html

:)
happy thursday!
-kel

Anonymous said...

hi! loved your feature on getthewordsout! your blog is sweeeet, glad i found you :)

www.stuffyoulllove.com