Friday, December 25, 2009

Happy Christmas






Oh it's Christmas time! I have to say that right this second on Christmas Eve I'm not in the merriest of moods. My Christmas cheer was in short supply today. However, good things happened today.

1. I finished half of my very secret cool project...house slippers made from granny squares...so when I say I've finished half that means I have one slipper made. Which is why there is only one shoe in this picture. I even put a lining in the bottom because granny squares are hole-y and that doesn't really work for house slippers. I'm pretty proud of them, well it.  I'm going to finish the mate after this Christmas chaos is over.



2. My friend Steph bought me District 9 for Christmas and I LOVE that movie. One of my favorite things about it is that the aliens have plain names like Christopher. If I ever meet an alien I hope his/her name is something easy like that because I like names that I can pronounce.

3. Stephenie's mom sent our family some cakeballs which are sinfully DELICIOUS...wow is all I can really say.

4. It's Christmas Eve and in about 8 hours I can open all my presents. I know what they are so I know how much I love them already! Like a pair of rainboots I could have used yesterday and today.......

Just for fun (and because I'm building my Christmas spirit back up). Here is a list of my FAV Christmas flicks!

1. Elf. - Love it, even when it's not Christmas!
    Fav. line = "Buddy the elf, what's your favorite color?" oh or...

2. White Christmas - Um, Bing Crosby, enough said. OH and it's my all time favorite Christmas song...just ask Jess about that some time.
3. Holiday Inn - Josh introduced me and I loved it! Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire...fabulous.
4. A Christmas Story - Such a classic! The leg lamp scene...oh my goodness.
5. How the Grinch Stole Christmas - Of course! (The cartoon not Jim Carrey) "You're a mean one Mister Grinch..." Ha it's just not Christmas without it.
6. Nightmare Before Christmas - Well, I love Tim Burton, no matter how weird he is. I have loved this movie for a long time. I'm pretty sure the first time I saw it, it wasn't even close to Christmas time.
7. Jingle All the Way - Okay, Sinbad and Arnold...HI-larious. I love it so much.
8. The Santa Claus - That little boy is so precious. And I totally wanted a magic snowglobe.



Okay...Happy Christmas everyone. I hope you watch a cute Christmas flick with your family and eat lots of food and make merry memories. p.s. It just started snowing! I'm excited but I hope I don't get stranded...or if I do get stranded in my own house I hope that Josh makes it here so he can be stranded with us lol.

Be crafty, be blessed, and have a fabulous Christmas
-Krackle!

No comments: