Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Oh beautiful life...

Well, I just got my parking pass and my books for my last semester of college!
It's really exciting and scary at the same time!
And I got them all for less than $200! Wow...that is possibly a first. 
This semester I'm taking Arkansas History, American History through film, an independent study history class, production management, and social problems. So it's lots of history...but I think I'll be ok.

My independent study is going to be really fun I hope. I'm researching a journey that my grandmother took during the great depression when she was 15-16. She travelled with her brother and younger sister from Arkansas all the way up to Oregon and then back to Arkansas. Her brother and sister ended up settling in Oregon and now we have a little pocket of family up there. How neat right?? I'm excited to research it out because I could possibly turn it into a documentary one day. And if I do, I'll already have a lot of research done! :-)

I'm also extremely excited about American History through Film! How awesome does that sound?? I think I'm going to love it because I'm totally in love with movies AND history and I usually find a way to relate them in almost every paper I have to write in either film classes or history classes. Last semester I did a film and literature class that was a lot of fun, so I'm hoping this is similar.

The rest of my classes I'm pretty much taking just to fulfill my degree requirements...Oh I can't wait to graduate. I am going to get started on my graduation application like RIGHT AWAY! The deadline to apply is September 23. So I need to get busy!

Tomorrow is my first last day of school. I'm super excited! ANNNND the fiancé and I are going to a Keith Urban concert! It's gonna be a good day!!! :-)

-Krystle

No comments: