Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Soundtrack of My Life...today...

Okay, on November 9, 2009 I made a post called The Soundtrack of My Life...today... and I even put a disclaimer on it saying it would probably change. So, I think it will be fun to do another one just to see how my perspective has changed in the past 2 years. Okay, so here is the Soundtrack of My Life...Today (2/2/2011)

Track 01 - Firework by Katy Perry. When I first heard this song I was so inspired. It really affected me, I kept the music video up on my computer and listened to it every day for a week or two. It has a really powerful message and it's sort of what I want out of life - not to be a little candle in the dark but to be like fireworks against the night sky.

Track 02 - Hello Hurricane by Switchfoot. The chorus is what makes this song part of my soundtrack. 
"Hello hurricane, you're not enough

Hello hurricane, you can't silence my love

I've got doors and windows boarded up
All your dead end fury is not enough
You can't silence my love, my love" 

Track 03 - Stolen by Dashboard Confessional. This is my Josh song for now :-). I know it sounds totally cheesy but I'm just gonna go ahead and say it he stole my heart. You have my permission to be grossed out.

Track 04 - Sweet Disposition by Temper Trap. In my personal opinion this song tells a story even without the words. The music itself is so beautiful. But when you add the lyrics, they're great. They're open for interpretation but to me they really just mean what will be, will be and you've got to just roll with it. It's nice at such a pivotal point in my life when I'm making decisions that will shape the rest of my life to be reminded that life just happens.

Track 05 - These Are the Days by Natalie Merchant and 10,000 Maniacs. I only have about 1 1/2 semesters left in college and I am having the time of my life. With my roommate, with my boyfriend, with my family, with my new kitten...I think I'm making memories everyday.

Track 06 - Better Together by Jack Johnson. I think the boy deserves two songs! Let's face it everyone thinks it's better when they're with their other half.

Track 07 - Everlasting Light by the Black Keys. NO, this isn't another sappy tribute to my fantastic boyfriend. It's just one of the songs I listen to when I'm sad because it's so sweet and so optimistic.

Track 08 - Put Your Records On by Corinne Bailey Rae. This is just a totally happy and optimistic song. I want to always have a hopeful outlook on life. I like to think Corinne Bailey Rae is singing the song to a friend and encouraging someone. So maybe this is also a tribute to all of my close friends that are always there for me.

Here's a little playlist I made. It has videos too (click the little video box in the top left corner)! Unfortunately, I couldn't find the version of These Are the Days that I wanted...so I had to settle for a less awesome one. Hope you enjoy listening to the soundtrack of my life....for today.



MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a MySpace Playlist at MixPod.com


xoxo
Krackle





No comments: