Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Goodbye Long Weekend


I'm glad  and sad to see you go.

WOW :-) Keith and Mary Hudson were at CPC this weekend and it was weird and awesome at the same time. They're also known as Katy Perry's parents. They're evangelists and let me just tell you they are not for the faint of heart. I must say, if I had to pick a favorite weekend this would not be it, however, it was still pretty refreshing to have them.


Actually, I'm not gonna lie to you. I feel like everything I was around got messed up this weekend. Saturday I went with my fam to work on the house and my dad painted one stripe all the way down a wall that is completely the wrong color. He was trying to cover up where something had peeled the paint off...now it's painfully obvious. Sunday Josh and I were gonna ride the bike because it was super nice outside...well the bike fell over and some stuff broke. Needless to say, Josh was a wee bit upset. He said 15 words to me the whole day after that. I counted, it was three phrases of five words each. lol (I'm really good at stats, don't think I'm weird.) Lucky for me one of the sentences was "I'm not mad at you." Poor Josh, he loves that bike. He felt bad for letting it put him in such a bad mood, but I don't blame him at all. I'm the same way about my prized posessions. I hope it's an easy fix. Finally today, our home computer crashed right after I sent an email to one of my professors about a missing assignment AND I narrowly avoided a carrot cake catastrophe.

Just so you don't think I'm complaining, I'm not counting this weekend as a complete bust. I mean I could, if I didn't put my hope in Jesus. He's got my back and we're BFF so things are looking up :-). ALSO, one of the ATH boys brought me some yarn tonight. (ATH means across the hall) How sweet. So I'm going to make him something with it. I have to find something manly for him though. OH and I made my final sketch for Char's wedding cake design.
I'm really excited because it's my first wedding cake and the first time I've painted a cake...So I'm very grateful that Char has confidence in me and took a chance by letting me make the cake for one of the most special days of her life :-)! And on the subject of Char's wedding and good things that happened this weekend, my mom fixed my bridesmaid dress in a few hours. It fits like a glove and I can't wait to wear it! So there was my weekend in all its gloom and glory. I choose to focus on the glorious parts.



On the way back to Conway tonight, I listened to the gospel station...oh I wish I could be in a gospel choir... lol For some choir inspiration you should listen to U2 - Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, off of the Rattle and Hum album. It wasn't on the gospel station tonight...but I've been in love with it for years. It's so fantastic...If you can't find it I'll send you the cd. Seriously, it's a crime if you don't have it.




Be crafty!
-Krackle

No comments: