Saturday, September 4, 2010

Day 17 of 30 days of me

Someone you would want to switch lives with for one day and why.

I really had to think about this one long and hard because I absolutely love my life. Of course, sometimes I wish for things I don't have but I never really wish to be someone else. So to decide who I would switch lives with for one day and why was a tough topic for me. 
I decided to start with the why. Why would I want to switch lives with anyone? What would motivate me to do that? Well, to gain knowledge that would help me when I switched back to my own life is the best reason I can think of. So then I thought of who I could gain the most applicable knowledge from. So I obviously started thinking of directors. So let me introduce you to Catherine Martin. I absolutely L.O.V.E. her work in Moulin Rouge (helloooo??!? my faaav!) and Australia. All of her work especially Moulin Rouge looks amazing. I mean they are aesthetically BRRRRRRRilliant to me. I could watch the movies muted and be totally enthralled with them because the image is just as important as the story and the characters. It's just so fantastical. I would love to step into her shoes for one day and learn a little about her process in making beautiful images for movies. She is my production design HERO! 
p.s. another fun fact about her (and just one more reason I admire her) she was also a producer on both Moulin Rouge AND Australia.

Who would you trade places with?? I'd love to know.

love
Krackle

No comments: