Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Friendship Month: Steph

I have totally dropped the ball on my friendship month posts. I left you last with my friend Mandy M. Today I'm going to tell you about my friend Stephenie. I love her to death and our friendship really started out of necessity. (We met a few years before at my church and we even rode Mr. Freeze together at Six Flags.) Okay, fast forward to summer before our Senior year.We were both taking an ACT prep class together at another high school, so we didn't know anyone but each other. (We really didn't know each other that well.) I don't know how it happened but we were pretty much immediate friends. I mean really close and practically inseparable. We called the ACT class "Hell" and we still tell everyone that we met in Hell. It's a pretty fun story.

Since, we didn't really become friends until the summer before our Senior year it makes me sad that I went through most of my high school experience without her. However, we went through so much together that it feels like we've always been friends. We have had so many good memories together it's impossible to tell you all of them.

She came to Memphis with my family to celebrate my dad's retirement. We love Elvis so we totally rocked out at Graceland.

After graduation, Steph moved to Baton Rouge and began attending LSU. She's still there today. I've been able to visit her once, hopefully I'll have another chance soon. :-)

The bottom line is: Steph came into my life and made it so much better and more exciting and colorful. I'm so glad that even though she moved away, we're still friends and she hasn't forgotten me. I love her to pieces and I would get in a car and drive to her right this second if she needed me to. I know she would do the same for me.

Steph, I love you. Thanks for being my best friend!
Happy Friendship month!
-Krackle

No comments: